The winter holidays are swiftly approaching and we at Coquitlam General and Sedation Dentistry want to help you look and feel your best this season! We want to offer you the following tips to keep your holidays happy and healthy this year:
1. Do you want to make a statement about how happy and beautiful your life has been in 2011? There is no better way to make a lasting impression that exudes confidence, joy and success than a gorgeous smile. Come in for your cleaning or book a appointment for whitening and dazzle your friends and family with a healthy stunning smile just in time for seasonal visiting!
2. Carbonated beverages are consumed more frequently during the holidays. Pop is loaded with sugar and acid, which can cause cavities and wear down the natural enamel protecting your teeth. We recommend that you use a straw to drink soda, to reduce contact with your teeth. Rinse your mouth with water after drinking pop, especially before brushing your teeth. Water will help neutralize the acidity as toothpaste combined with pop can do even more damage to your tooth enamel.
3. Candy canes are everywhere this time of year. Your health partners at Coquitlam General and Sedation Dentistry want to encourage you to limit your hard candy consumption this holiday season. Hard candy can damage teeth when chewed and has a tendency to get lodged between your teeth, causing bacteria to collect near the gum line. So if you are eating a lot of hard candy this holiday – please remember the health of your teeth and gums by brushing and flossing daily!
4. With all your party hopping and trips to see family out of town, remember to bring dental floss and your toothbrush. Sneak away to the bathroom after your feast to brush and floss away the bacteria that causes gum disease.
5. Keep Coquitlam General and Sedation Dentistry contact information handy in case of a dental disaster! There is nothing worse than a cracked, chipped or broken tooth haunting all your family photos throughout the holiday. Check out our holiday hours, and come in to see us right away – we promise to correct the problem, relieve the pain and restore your smile to ensure your holiday is all that it should be!
On behalf of the entire Coquitlam General and Sedation Dentistry team we want to wish you a happy holiday season!